Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas time at Mom & Dad's

From December 23rd to January 3rd I was (still am right now at mom and dad's for Christmas.
We spent a lot of time with watching movies, sleeping, drinking coffee, and playing games, and of course packing and then unwrapping again gifts.

Our Christmas Tree:



Most of the action started here at home on December 31st when Ursi, Jeff, Maya and Katie arrived.
The following are pictures of some more Christmas gifts unwrapping.  It was fun to watch the girls getting at it eagerly.  Maya had lots of fun sitting in the drawer too.




Here are some Christmas unwrapping pictues.




Dad and I had fun with filling the chocolate Christmas tree ornaments from Switzerland with whipping cream.  Thanks Sarah and Rudy.




The biggest attraction for me was building a ginger bread house from scratch with Muettie (mom) and Jeff.  The idea that I wanted a Gingerbread House came from the Gift exchange we where part of at a Christmas Dinner om December at the Brussels Menonite Fellowship (not the church mom and dad attend). First it looked more like a caving in barn and caving in roof.  We had lots of fun!!!  Enjoy the pictures!










One thing mom and dad also did for me is put 2 gigabites (GB) of RAM into my computer so it runs faster now.  Before I only had half of a GB in there.  I'm also still on dial up, but maybe get high-speed now that I have some extra money from still not smoking anymore.  I have to admit.  I still struggle with a lot of anxiety, fear, and especially fear of having hurt family members by what I said or didn't say or how I said it or what I thought or didn't think of.  To me that's real torture amd not being able to smoke in these situations with this amount of anxiety and panic is real hard.  So your prayer is really appreciated.  I also struggle with fear of not knowing what's appropriate to say or not to say or think or not to think, linked with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.  That's one reason I smoked.

Anyways,  Tomorrow (Jan. 3rd) I'm going back to Kitchener  and than the day after right to Ursi and Jeff's.
I'm glad when I can fully settle and adjust to being in Kitchener on my own again, but the transition time is never easy for me.

I hope you all had a great Christmas.  Mine had it's ups and downs.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Markus, just remember that I'm rooting (cheering) for you. I totally believe that you have an incredible god-given gift inside of you!!! Let that gift make room for you; it will push out the worry and fear. Love you! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're always glad to have you here Marc. I hope that you can feel free to ask us if you're unsure about something. Remember, if you don't know if you hurt someone when you ask, the worst thing they could say that yes, you did hurt them, but most of the time you torture yourself for nothing. We love you!

    ReplyDelete