Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Questions

Hello all
I am once again at work and have some time to write.
Often I ask myself some reality check questions that are not easy to answer or have an answer to.
Sometimes late at night in the middle of the night laying in bed before going to sleep I ask my self a lot of questions:

If Jesus came back tonight, what would I have to show for myself?  Would I have done my job here on earth?  How would Jesus judge me, how I have used or not used what he's given me?  Would I be one of the 3 servants who multiplied their master's money or am I one who burry's what I've been given in the ground till the master returns?  Am I one of the 5 wise bride maids who had extra oil when the groom came at midnight or am I one of the 5 foolish ones who didn't bring extra oil?

If Jesus doesn't come back tonight, what is my job?

How much of what I'm doing does really have an eternal impact and how often am I just wasting time?

In Matthew Jesus talked about many who will come and call him Lord and even say we've prophesied in your name we've done miracles in your name, but Jesus will say to them (even though they called him Lord):  "I never knew you, what you did was unauthorized, get away from me."  So how do I know I really don't belong to one of them?

Jesus also talked about the Narrow and the Wide gate and only a few ever find the narrow gate to ever lasting life.  How Often do I walk on the Wide road and take the easy way?

I don't expect you guys to answer these questions for me I just thought I'd let you know what I'm thinking about a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Marc!!! These are some very good, very thought provoking questions!! I am so impressed with the depth of your thoughts. So often I don't even think about thinking about stuff like that. (Though I probably should). Thank you for sharing Marc. We've missed you the last couple of weeks and are looking forward to having you again next Wed. This time the guys will be gone so it will be just us. A nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like i said marc, you have an awesome ability to formulate your thoughts and write them down. i always enjoy your deep thoughts. very good questions indeed...love ya. chris

    ReplyDelete