Monday, December 16, 2013

Procrastination Project Finally Finished

Yes for years that Latch Hook Rug that's been laying around in my apartment, I finally finished it.
It only had 7 rows left but I would just let it sit there for at least the last 3 years.
It took me a bit over 2 hours to finish it tonight, and now it's all done.
I don't remember when I actually started this rug.  It must have been close to 10 years ago, because I remember Grosi or to my nieces and nephews their Urgrosi still worked on it before she died in 2010.
I think I just was so depressed that I thought no matter what I do, I'll still be and feel alone and working on that Rug isn't going to make me feel any better.  In fact I thought it'll only do the opposite and remind me of how painfully alone I am.
However, over the years I started to do a whole lot better and tonight I decided it was time the week before I go and visit mom & dad for Christmas to finish the Rug so mom can finally finish the back and turn it into a pillow or something.
I was surprised how not alone I felt as I finished the rug.  I had a goal, something to finish, I didn't even have any music on and enjoyed the quietness of my apartment.
Back in the days when I started this rug I said I should do this for a living to earn money.
I guess I grew up a bit and realized that I had to high sounding ideas from the beginning and it always only was a hobby which is not my thing anymore.  I grew out of the Latch Hook Rug making.  I'm sure I won't start another one.  This is my second one and it's enough even though they are nice.







1 comment:

  1. haha, your post made me laugh. good for you bro to finish it up. love ya. chris

    ReplyDelete